Tell us about yourself and what you want to do.Apply now
Site Reliability Engineer
As Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will be responsible for the growth and scale of our cloud systems. You can think of this role as Paramedics for production issues! Indeed, you will be the first responder when something serious goes wrong in the systems, and you will be empowered to dive into any system to keep our services running.
Like Mario and Luigi working together to save the princess, you will work closely with the Software Engineering team every step of the way. Your role will be a mix of proactive and reactive work.
Bring your experience, problem-solving skills, and passion to Ormuco for a rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. If you have what it takes to join us in this fast paced world, we want to meet with you!
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits packages.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Keeping the ship sailing! Monitoring and supporting the IT infrastructure environment ;
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the reliability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our Cloud services ;
- Engineering solutions in the long term to make everyone’s life easier ;
- Finding issues ;
- Prevent these issues from happening again ;
- Conduct periodic on call duties.
We are looking for someone that has:
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience ;
- A solid experience with OpenStack and Cloud Services;
- A strong grasp of security, privacy and monitoring concepts;
- A solid experience with Linux;
- Experience with network theory e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing ;
- A strong knowledge of high availability environments (Galera, cluster RabbitMQ, HAproxy, Keepalived, etc.);
- Experience in Python ;
- Comfortable with Git/Github;
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems ;
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, concurrency issues, locks, mutexes, semaphores, monitors and how they work);
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and complexity analysis.
- Someone that has strong sense of ownership and drive ;
- Passionate about technologies ;
- A team player ;
- Able to adapt quickly to a new environment ;
- Able to learn fast ;
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done ;
- Interested in being part of fast growing company.
If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above.
Join us and contribute to our success!
Ormuco is a leading Cloud technology provider with a focus on innovative solutions. Its main offering, The Connected Cloud, is a hybrid, public and private Cloud services platform based on Open Source technology with a robust catalogue of services for organizations, service providers and ISVs. Built with the end-user in mind, Ormuco’s platform is available through a global partner ecosystem to facilitate both local data requirements as well as global, multinational companies.
Please note that while Ormuco reviews all applications, only candidates meeting minimum requirements will be contacted.