Tell us about yourself and what you want to do.Apply now
Senior Python Developer
As a Python Developer, you will be a part of a passionate team in the development of software to sell cloud services. Within this team, you will be involved in the decision-making process related to technology and the design of the software architecture.
Bring your experience, problem-solving skills, and passion to Ormuco for a rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. If you have what it takes to join us in this fast paced world, we want to meet you!
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits packages.
We are looking for someone that has:
- 5 – 8 years’ Python development experience;
- Strong understanding of the principles of scalable application design;
- Knowledge in web development and REST;
- Experience using RabbitMQ, MongoDB, and MySQL;
- A very strong understanding of cloud fundamentals and architecture;
- Must have experience using Git in a distributed team.
Ideally, you also have:
- At least 2 years’ experience leading a team of developers to build a Python-based application;
- Experience using OpenStack (extra credit if you’ve contributed to OpenStack);
- Database administration experience (MongoDB, MySQL);
- Experience with configuration management systems (eg, Ansible).
- You are curious and ready to challenge established ideas;
- You have the ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and get things done quickly;
- You have the ability to collaborate, communicate, learn and ship code, while working in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment;
- You have at least 5 years of problem solving & software engineering experience;
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent education and/or experience;
- You want to work in an Agile environment;
- You’ll be responsible for the MongoDB/MySQL database schema design of any feature you build;
- You’re comfortable working in a Linux environment ;
- You’ll be responsible for the performance and reliability of the services you help develop;
- You are willing to assist with on call rotation, when needed, providing Tier 3 support as the senior product owner;
- You are bilingual French/English.
If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying and send your resume to: email@example.com
Join us and contribute to our success!
*Please note that while Ormuco reviews all applications, only candidates meeting minimum requirements will be contacted.